Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Thank You For Arguing in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Thank You for Arguing speaks about the art of oration and the techniques once can learn to help convince people about any topic or idea.
The Big Takeaways:
- Criticism is the hallmark of human society and it impacts our decisions.
- If When a person argues about something, it affects not only his behavior but also his decision-making power in the long-run.
- The importance of argumentation demands that the person must know his goal or purpose of argumentation.
- The information and reasoning behind an argument help us decipher how we must present our information.
- The argumentation must be going somewhere, and it should be done so constructively.
- The discussion should influence the argument in one way or another.
- To become a persuasive orator, one has to focus on his personality first.
- A person who deals with everything on logical grounds and has an influential personality can convince the audience to accept his point of view.
- A good orator has to pay constant attention to their opponent so he can give logical and influential answers.
- When the opponent misses some important points, a concerned and attentive competitor can never miss the opportunity to point it out.