Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Thank You For Arguing in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Thank You for Arguing speaks about the art of oration and the techniques once can learn to help convince people about any topic or idea.
The Big Takeaways:
- Criticism is the hallmark of human society and it impacts our decisions.
- If When a person argues about something, it affects not only his behavior but also his decision-making power in the long-run.
- The importance of argumentation demands that the person must know his goal or purpose of argumentation.
- The information and reasoning behind an argument help us decipher how we must present our information.
- The argumentation must be going somewhere, and it should be done so constructively.
- The discussion should influence the argument in one way or another.
- To become a persuasive orator, one has to focus on his personality first.
- A person who deals with everything on logical grounds and has an influential personality can convince the audience to accept his point of view.
- A good orator has to pay constant attention to their opponent so he can give logical and influential answers.
- When the opponent misses some important points, a concerned and attentive competitor can never miss the opportunity to point it out.