Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Righteous Mind in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Righteous Mind discusses how we make moral decisions and judgment calls.
The Big Takeaways:
- Logic does not drive our moral judgment; emotion does.
- If Our emotions will always play a role in decision-making, so don’t set them aside.
- People’s selfishness influences their logical thoughts.
- People are concerned about keeping their good reputation and make decisions based on self-interest.
- Moral interests are different amongst the cultures of the world but are based on similar frameworks.
- While people in different cultures have similar structures, they can manifest in various ways.
- The evolution of humans has made us focused on our self-interest while still considering the humanitarian aspects of life.
- People are willing to compromise in groups, yet competition causes us to be selfish.
- Religion can bear ethical communities that work collectively.
- Religion-centered groups accentuate the importance of trusting others, increasing cooperation and cohesion.