Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Braving the Wilderness in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Braving the Wilderness questions society’s idea of what it means to fit in and the emotions surrounding feeling as though one doesn’t belong.
The Big Takeaways:
- Everyone wants to feel like they belong somewhere. Therefore, when people feel like they don’t fit in, they can experience emotional distress.
- If The emotions that come with rejection from early childhood carry into adulthood.
- Belong to yourself and not anyone else.
- Do not change who you are to become who someone else thinks you should be.
- You must have trust in yourself and be brave while you learn about yourself.
- Listen to your gut instincts and be ready to have challenging interactions with others.
- Emphasize personal experiences without giving into a rage to reduce the feeling of loneliness.
- Pay attention to your own experiences, and remember that being brave, yet vulnerable, is alright.
- Do not allow rage to turn you into a bitter person. Instead, use it to try to improve on who you are.
- Challenge your anger by allowing yourself to feel those emotions and have difficult conversations within your mind about who you are.