Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Exodus in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Exodus tackles the financial and social implications of migration, given the expansion of globalization over the past few decades.
The Big Takeaways:
- People can move all around the world with the expansion of globalization, but few people want to discuss the issues that it brings.
- If Though there is a need for policies on migration, very few want to discuss the moral and financial questions around it.
- People who migrate affect society.
- Hostility is often seen in the people of countries where people try to move too rapidly.
- People who migrate affect the economy, also.
- The cost of living and the use of welfare services can increase, leaving people who reside in the host country already under challenging situations.
- There is a lot to gain for people who migrate from other countries.
- People who migrate from developing countries can unfairly benefit from the institutions already in place in more wealthy countries.
- However, people who migrate can lose a lot in the process of moving.
- The more migrants that move to a country, the more competition they will face in achieving a better life for themselves.