Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Exodus in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Exodus tackles the financial and social implications of migration, given the expansion of globalization over the past few decades.
The Big Takeaways:
- People can move all around the world with the expansion of globalization, but few people want to discuss the issues that it brings.
- If Though there is a need for policies on migration, very few want to discuss the moral and financial questions around it.
- People who migrate affect society.
- Hostility is often seen in the people of countries where people try to move too rapidly.
- People who migrate affect the economy, also.
- The cost of living and the use of welfare services can increase, leaving people who reside in the host country already under challenging situations.
- There is a lot to gain for people who migrate from other countries.
- People who migrate from developing countries can unfairly benefit from the institutions already in place in more wealthy countries.
- However, people who migrate can lose a lot in the process of moving.
- The more migrants that move to a country, the more competition they will face in achieving a better life for themselves.