Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Educated in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Educated is the true story of a woman who never attended school but earned a PHD and lost her family along the way.
The Big Takeaways:
- Tara grew up Mormon, on a farm, and didn’t go to school
- If Her parents were wary of schools and the government
- She started working when she was 11
- She worked in the family junkyard and as a babysitter
- Tara scored high enough on the ACTs to go to college
- Despite all odds, she attended BYU just before turning 17
- During college Tara got over her medical fears
- Her family raised her to believe medicine was bad but she realized that she had been brainwashed once she sought medical care
- Tara got her PHD but she was exiled by her family in the process
- Her studies and learnings gave her beliefs that conflicted with her family’s