Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Lessons of History in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Lessons of History covers changes in every corner of the world over 5,000 years.
The Big Takeaways:
- Where people live is the biggest indicator of who they will become, but this becomes further from the truth as technology prevails.
- If People have always been drawn to place near necessities such as waterways. With the evolution of technology, immediate resources become less time-sensitive.
- People were not born equal.
- History shows our love for competition in an attempt to gain superiority.
- The way people and their communities have evolved does not include race as a factor.
- White people were able to make more early advancements because of where they were located in Europe, not because their race had more inherent intelligence.
- Who we are, how we celebrate, the way we live our lives are only outcomes of our environment.
- Cultures have developed over time, and many of our beliefs are held in that culture due to how we were raised.
- Wealth in one place is common but can find more power in redistributing the riches.
- It is common for a few people to hold the majority of the wealth, but the distribution of this wealth is a measure of a society’s morality and freedom.