Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Artist’s Way in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Artist’s Way teaches readers how to stop holding themselves back from their full artistic capabilities.
The Big Takeaways:
- Keep a journal so you can write about the little things, forcing your creativity to awaken.
- If You don’t have to write with any control or purpose; just write.
- You must face those nasty feelings that live deep inside of you.
- You must have a conversation with the little voice inside your head telling you, “you can’t.” Your life and your creativity belong to you, and your desire to create is valid.
- Getting in-tune with your creativity can take some time, but don’t give up on yourself.
- When you leave your artistic side, it becomes neglected. Any neglected relationship takes time to rekindle.
- You are not an originator of ideas.
- Like many artists before you, you are a watcher, a listener, someone who sees an idea and helps mold it into its being.
- The desire to push yourself past the successes of others and into perfection will only negatively affect your creativity.
- Expecting too much from yourself can turn your art into worry, forcing you to give up things you love.