Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Brief in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Brief tackles the idea that less is more when it comes to speaking to others. In the fast-paced environment we live in, keeping it straight and to the point is the best way to go.
The Big Takeaways:
- The quicker you are to get to your point, the more likely your point is to be heard.
- If We operate in information overload these days. For what you say to be heard, get straight to the point.
- Find out why it takes so long to get to your point.
- Many people struggle with talking for far too long, trying to explain their point. Tackle the reasons for this run-around to become a better speaker and a more efficient person.
- Utilize the BRIEF mindset.
- This strategy helps you target speaking with efficiency by considering the following: Background, Reasons or Relevance, Information, Ending, and Follow-up questions.
- Appeal to the visual senses.
- When you’re trying to get your point across quickly, visual aids can be the perfect route.
- Leave the jargon, embrace story-telling.
- You don’t need to speak with tons of “corporate” words to get your point across. Telling a story helps people visualize your point quickly and with better understanding.