Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Brief in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Brief tackles the idea that less is more when it comes to speaking to others. In the fast-paced environment we live in, keeping it straight and to the point is the best way to go.
The Big Takeaways:
- The quicker you are to get to your point, the more likely your point is to be heard.
- If We operate in information overload these days. For what you say to be heard, get straight to the point.
- Find out why it takes so long to get to your point.
- Many people struggle with talking for far too long, trying to explain their point. Tackle the reasons for this run-around to become a better speaker and a more efficient person.
- Utilize the BRIEF mindset.
- This strategy helps you target speaking with efficiency by considering the following: Background, Reasons or Relevance, Information, Ending, and Follow-up questions.
- Appeal to the visual senses.
- When you’re trying to get your point across quickly, visual aids can be the perfect route.
- Leave the jargon, embrace story-telling.
- You don’t need to speak with tons of “corporate” words to get your point across. Telling a story helps people visualize your point quickly and with better understanding.