Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Wherever You Go, There You Are in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Wherever You Go, There You Are helps readers leave the past and future where they belong and learn to exist in the present.
The Big Takeaways:
- Mindfulness is living with awareness and respect for right now.
- If Mindfulness is turning off autopilot and welcoming ourselves to the present moment.
- We achieve mindfulness by making our focus singular.
- We have to concentrate on one thing at a time to truly acknowledge moments in time.
- Dismissing negative feelings when possible helps achieve mindfulness.
- Emotions like irritation and unnecessary anger can be replaced with tolerance and understanding.
- Meditation is a formal practice of mindfulness.
- Meditation can be used as a time to focus on your breathing, teaching you many things about mindfulness through the practice alone.
- Informal meditation exists, like standing or walking, and is just as valid.
- Meditation’s main goal is to bring awareness to how your body moves and its connectedness to your environment. This can be achieved in more ways than traditional meditation.