Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work highlights that eternal marriage is conceivable, although both spouses need to remember never to stop learning about their partner.
The Big Takeaways:
- Charting your mutual love is beneficial for both spouses.
- If Keeping up with your love for one another helps you remember your partner’s life goals and keeps your marriage secure.
- Couples who can recognize why they love one another have a better chance of making their marriage work.
- In difficult times, think about the reasons why you fell in love with your partner.
- Always consider your partner’s emotions and goals.
- Partners can feel disrespected when their needs aren’t taken seriously.
- Learn how to cope when you hit a brick wall instead of continuing to instigate.
- Hitting a wall in your relationship means there is some disrespect within the marriage.
- Grievances about errors are common in every marriage but should never turn into disparagement.
- When one partner cannot take any more criticism, they’ll stop being self-protective and disengage altogether.