Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Seven Principles for Making Marriage Work highlights that eternal marriage is conceivable, although both spouses need to remember never to stop learning about their partner.
The Big Takeaways:
- Charting your mutual love is beneficial for both spouses.
- If Keeping up with your love for one another helps you remember your partner’s life goals and keeps your marriage secure.
- Couples who can recognize why they love one another have a better chance of making their marriage work.
- In difficult times, think about the reasons why you fell in love with your partner.
- Always consider your partner’s emotions and goals.
- Partners can feel disrespected when their needs aren’t taken seriously.
- Learn how to cope when you hit a brick wall instead of continuing to instigate.
- Hitting a wall in your relationship means there is some disrespect within the marriage.
- Grievances about errors are common in every marriage but should never turn into disparagement.
- When one partner cannot take any more criticism, they’ll stop being self-protective and disengage altogether.