Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Second Mountain in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Second Mountain promotes a lifestyle of service to others instead of living with individualism.
The Big Takeaways:
- Too much individualism cripples our social network.
- If Individualism thrives from the desire for fewer restrictions and commitments.
- Without social networks, there will be widespread problems in society.
- Without a sense of community, Americans feel left out and don’t have a sense of grounding.
- Eventually, they strive toward material wealth plateaus.
- We try to obtain material things because we miss opportunities to form meaningful relationships, leaving us with a sense of emptiness.
- Success and happiness are selfish, and we should live a life of joyfulness instead.
- Happiness comes and goes, but joy is permanent.
- Live a life of servitude by practicing a religion of your choice.
- Religion provides opportunities to bring people together.