Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Second Mountain in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Second Mountain promotes a lifestyle of service to others instead of living with individualism.
The Big Takeaways:
- Too much individualism cripples our social network.
- If Individualism thrives from the desire for fewer restrictions and commitments.
- Without social networks, there will be widespread problems in society.
- Without a sense of community, Americans feel left out and don’t have a sense of grounding.
- Eventually, they strive toward material wealth plateaus.
- We try to obtain material things because we miss opportunities to form meaningful relationships, leaving us with a sense of emptiness.
- Success and happiness are selfish, and we should live a life of joyfulness instead.
- Happiness comes and goes, but joy is permanent.
- Live a life of servitude by practicing a religion of your choice.
- Religion provides opportunities to bring people together.