Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Big Magic in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Big Magic explains how we are all creators and that there is no right or wrong way to be a legitimate artist as long as you give it your all.
The Big Takeaways:
- You are only given one life.
- If The pressure of living a life that is suitable to society’s expectations often prevents people from expressing their creativity to its fullest.
- Claim your stories and bring them to life.
- There will be things that you notice about life, and those things belong to you to expand on and create from.
- Always create without fear.
- You must give yourself permission to be a creator, even if it doesn’t always lead to success.
- Artists commonly struggle to give their art some type of “legitimacy.”
- Your experience with life is where you will find that your art is expressive and captures life in a different light that is uniquely yours to share.
- You don’t have to monetize your heart.
- Creation for creation’s sake is just as valid as an artist making money from their work.