Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Four Agreements in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Four Agreements explains the ways societal guidelines hold you down and how creating your own rules can help you be who you are meant to be.
The Big Takeaways:
- What we learn as children become concepts we believe in as adults.
- If Behavior is something taught to us as a child through social norms.
- Speaking unkindly to yourself can harm you.
- There is so much power in words and how you use them.
- Confidence in who you are makes it easier to accept and learn from the criticisms of others.
- Not everything is an attack meant to be taken to heart.
- Try to understand things before you assume blindly.
- It’s essential to acknowledge reality and to ask the questions that will lead to your success.
- Never give less than 100% of what you’re capable.
- Always give what you are capable of giving, never more, and never less.