Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Ego is the Enemy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Ego is the Enemy uses history and culture to warn readers that ego and pride can make you fall off the right track while emphasizing the importance of staying down-to-earth to help reach your goals.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your ego wants you to receive the credit without doing the work.
- If Wanting to be praised for a job well done is thanks to your ego.
- Keep your ego at bay by always believing that there is more for you to learn.
- If you believe you already know what someone has to tell you, you will only prevent yourself from growing.
- Being a prideful person makes you block out opportunities to learn and even toss caution to the wind.
- Celebrating your successes too early can prevent you from achieving further success.
- Don’t feel like you have to be in control of every task. That’s your ego talking. Trust that your team can take care of functions just as well as you can.
- Thoughts that your team cannot perform as well as you not only stress you out further, but it stunts the growth of a team that could be highly successful under the proper circumstances.
- Your success isn’t just up to you. Don’t feel like you need every bit of applause.
- Regardless of what you succeed in, there are always people who helped with making that success besides you. Acknowledge that.