Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Courage To Be Disliked in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Courage to be Disliked delves into the studies of Austrian psychologist Alfred Adler, that informs readers of the power in caring less of the opinions of others.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your yesterday does not determine your tomorrow.
- If You are capable of change at any given time. This ability is not affected by the things of your past.
- Everyone decides to view life the way they do.
- Being set in our ways because we are familiar with them can make us hesitant to change, even when our lives are less than desirable.
- Seeing our small imperfections as massive flaws is just an excuse to avoid others.
- When we think of ourselves in a negative light, we exclude ourselves from society before others can.
- No regular person thinks about us in the way we believe they do.
- A competitive society has made us believe that people are either labeling us as a winner or loser, but in reality, no one is thinking of you much at all.
- Your life belongs to you.
- The decisions you make are solely yours. Seeking approval from others through your actions will only take away from a life for you that could be ultimately fulfilling.