Ready to learn the most important takeaways from 10% Happier in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
10% Happier breaks down the elusiveness of meditation using modern-day research about what meditation can do for your mind and body, especially in today’s topsy-turvy world.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your ego is your unconscious perception of self.
- If Ego is not just how you think about yourself, but dictates the little things you do.
- Your ego will always want more.
- Regardless of what you have, the ego will always want you to have more, and you will never be satisfied.
- Being kind and learning to empathize with others can help you influence your ego’s desire.
- Once we learn how to live in the present with others, our ego will not be as hungry.
- Controlling your ego doesn’t mean letting others walk all over you.
- Realize what the most important things are to you and fight for them, but don’t fight for everything.
- Meditation can help you achieve mindfulness.
- Stop judging yourself and others for a while every day to focus on only your breathing. The effects will help you learn to refocus in your everyday life.