Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Talking to Strangers in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Talking to Strangers explains how we judge strangers and hold on to our beliefs of these people despite the little knowledge we have of them.
The Big Takeaways:
- We are not as capable as we think we are when it comes to making judgments of others.
- If We believe that we can predict the life of a stranger easily, but that’s not the case.
- We do not notice when people are tricking us from the get-go.
- Our default is to believe people are telling the truth.
- Someone’s physical being cannot tell you their entire life’s history.
- We cannot take everything at face value, for not everyone shows their emotion.
- When a stranger is jaded, we will automatically make the wrong assumptions.
- Body language does not always tell the whole truth. Some liars will come off as honest people, while some honest people will come off as liars.
- Adding alcohol to the mix furthers our misjudgments.
- Alcohol switches our focus from the long-term to the short, clouding our personality and throwing our judgment off.