Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Talking to Strangers in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Talking to Strangers explains how we judge strangers and hold on to our beliefs of these people despite the little knowledge we have of them.
The Big Takeaways:
- We are not as capable as we think we are when it comes to making judgments of others.
- If We believe that we can predict the life of a stranger easily, but that’s not the case.
- We do not notice when people are tricking us from the get-go.
- Our default is to believe people are telling the truth.
- Someone’s physical being cannot tell you their entire life’s history.
- We cannot take everything at face value, for not everyone shows their emotion.
- When a stranger is jaded, we will automatically make the wrong assumptions.
- Body language does not always tell the whole truth. Some liars will come off as honest people, while some honest people will come off as liars.
- Adding alcohol to the mix furthers our misjudgments.
- Alcohol switches our focus from the long-term to the short, clouding our personality and throwing our judgment off.