Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Nonviolent Communication in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Nonviolent Communication teaches readers how to communicate with others in a way that is non-threatening, opening the doors to understanding.
The Big Takeaways:
- Speaking in a way that makes people feel like they’re battling a conversation stops people from understanding the others’ points of view.
- If Our words are capable of building barricades, making it hard to connect with people.
- The practice of nonviolent communication encourages people to speak in a way that nurses understanding.
- It’s difficult to share your emotions, which is why nonviolent communication can be so important.
- Learn how to speak precisely.
- A lot of issues are found in conversations when a person chooses to overgeneralize.
- Realize that having and expressing feelings is a normal part of conversation.
- To be a good communicator, you have to be open to sharing your feelings and understanding the feelings of others.
- Own your feelings.
- Acknowledge that you feel a certain way and that it is an indicator of how you feel, not an indicator of how the other person feels about you.