Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Nonviolent Communication in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Nonviolent Communication teaches readers how to communicate with others in a way that is non-threatening, opening the doors to understanding.
The Big Takeaways:
- Speaking in a way that makes people feel like they’re battling a conversation stops people from understanding the others’ points of view.
- If Our words are capable of building barricades, making it hard to connect with people.
- The practice of nonviolent communication encourages people to speak in a way that nurses understanding.
- It’s difficult to share your emotions, which is why nonviolent communication can be so important.
- Learn how to speak precisely.
- A lot of issues are found in conversations when a person chooses to overgeneralize.
- Realize that having and expressing feelings is a normal part of conversation.
- To be a good communicator, you have to be open to sharing your feelings and understanding the feelings of others.
- Own your feelings.
- Acknowledge that you feel a certain way and that it is an indicator of how you feel, not an indicator of how the other person feels about you.