Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Leonardo Da Vinci in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Leonardo da Vinci discusses the life of one of the most well-known artists in the world.
The Big Takeaways:
- Da Vinci was born out of wedlock, but he used this to his advantage.
- If He used his art as a way to deal with being excluded due to his illegitimate status.
- He was an excellent and highly successful student, eventually rising above the talent of his teacher.
- He began his apprenticeship at the age of 14 and was considered one of the best by the time he was 20.
- Leonardo is famous for leading a bold painting revolution.
- This technique was conveying psychology through motion and appearance.
- His paintings from Milan proved to be revolutionary in the approach to description and psychology.
- The sfumato technique, notable for the high contrast to represent depth, was a staple in Leonardo’s paintings.
- Some of Leonardo’s work remains unfinished, although is quite powerful.
- The sketches he created remain a fine example of the Italian Renaissance.