Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Leadership in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Leadership discusses the lives of four of the most important American presidents, their transformations, and their resemblances.
The Big Takeaways:
- There is no formula for creating a great leader.
- If Lincoln came from a poor background and had to work his way to the top without much support, whereas Theodore Roosevelt came from a wealthier family and had external support.
- The individualities of each great leader are dissimilar.
- Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt were different in almost every possible way, yet both made fantastic leaders for the United States.
- A common trait amongst all great leaders is ambition to succeed.
- Both presidents worked extremely hard to overcome their respective obstacles.
- Great leaders use calamities as opportunities to eventually emerge victorious and stronger.
- All four presidents put in hard work to overcome their own personal setbacks and emerge stronger than before.
- Great leaders always have excellent teams to help them succeed.
- Great leaders cannot succeed on their own. Each president had a great support system that helped them achieve success.