Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Leadership in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Leadership discusses the lives of four of the most important American presidents, their transformations, and their resemblances.
The Big Takeaways:
- There is no formula for creating a great leader.
- If Lincoln came from a poor background and had to work his way to the top without much support, whereas Theodore Roosevelt came from a wealthier family and had external support.
- The individualities of each great leader are dissimilar.
- Lincoln and Theodore Roosevelt were different in almost every possible way, yet both made fantastic leaders for the United States.
- A common trait amongst all great leaders is ambition to succeed.
- Both presidents worked extremely hard to overcome their respective obstacles.
- Great leaders use calamities as opportunities to eventually emerge victorious and stronger.
- All four presidents put in hard work to overcome their own personal setbacks and emerge stronger than before.
- Great leaders always have excellent teams to help them succeed.
- Great leaders cannot succeed on their own. Each president had a great support system that helped them achieve success.