Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Give And Take in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Give and Take describes the different types of people in the world: those who give and those who take, and how those actions can help or hinder those individuals.
The Big Takeaways:
- Certain people are moved by the idea of getting others from point A to point B.
- If The “giver” in any scenario often gives more than they take from an interaction.
- Some people want to give as much as they’ve been given, no more and no less.
- The “matcher” tries to keep the relationship equal by giving and getting the same amount.
- Whether we are a giver or a taker is dependent on who we are around.
- The nature of others; generosity will shape whether we give or take.
- Those who often take without giving anything back earn a bad name.
- People can become wary of interacting with those who are constant takers, hindering a taker’s further success in life.
- A giver’s willingness to contribute to the well-being of the community as a whole often leads them to higher positions in life.
- People appreciate the idea of someone taking the interest of an entire team to heart rather than only being interested in self-perseverance.