Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Give And Take in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Give and Take describes the different types of people in the world: those who give and those who take, and how those actions can help or hinder those individuals.
The Big Takeaways:
- Certain people are moved by the idea of getting others from point A to point B.
- If The “giver” in any scenario often gives more than they take from an interaction.
- Some people want to give as much as they’ve been given, no more and no less.
- The “matcher” tries to keep the relationship equal by giving and getting the same amount.
- Whether we are a giver or a taker is dependent on who we are around.
- The nature of others; generosity will shape whether we give or take.
- Those who often take without giving anything back earn a bad name.
- People can become wary of interacting with those who are constant takers, hindering a taker’s further success in life.
- A giver’s willingness to contribute to the well-being of the community as a whole often leads them to higher positions in life.
- People appreciate the idea of someone taking the interest of an entire team to heart rather than only being interested in self-perseverance.