Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Emotional Intelligence 2.0 in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Emotional Intelligence tells you how to use your emotional intelligence to build better relationships with those around you.
The Big Takeaways:
- Those with strong emotional intelligence understand their feelings, thus being able to understand the feelings of others.
- If Self-awareness, self-management, social awareness, and relationship management all play a part in emotional intelligence.
- Introduce you to yourself, even the ugliest parts.
- You must know yourself and what triggers your emotions to understand better why others think and feel the ways they do.
- There is a perfect balance between your emotional brain and your rational brain.
- Self-management is achieved when you can find where emotions and logic meet.
- Body language says a lot. Learn how to listen.
- Being aware of how others act in a social setting helps you get more in-tune with what they’re thinking and how they’re feeling.
- Make sure your body language and your words are on the same page.
- Avoid confusing others by recognizing what your body is saying versus what your mouth is saying.