Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Extreme Ownership in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Extreme Ownership examines the in-the-moment decisions Navy SEAL leaders must make and how you can use that way of thinking to help your company.
The Big Takeaways:
- Being a leader sometimes means facing extreme challenges.
- If Making decisions at a moment’s notice is a difficult task, but someone needs to know how to do it.
- Every leader must own-up to the mistakes they and their team makes.
- If no one takes responsibility for a team’s failure, they will fail again.
- Knowing what’s at stake can help a team reach its goals.
- Once the SEAL team can understand why an assignment has been given to them, they can fulfill that mission with certainty.
- Those around you in the same field are not against you; they can help you.
- The teams around you can offer a helping hand or a viewpoint you may not have seen if you only stayed within your circle.
- Setting guidelines and expressing your values to your team can help everyone get on the same page.
- One of the SEAL’s core principles is to “prioritize and execute.”