Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Daring Greatly in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Daring Greatly explains to readers that shame is pervasive in society and leads to destructive behaviors.
The Big Takeaways:
- Shame is so harmful that it leads people to disconnect from others.
- If People who experience trauma and abuse often isolate themselves and, instead, surround themselves with objects.
- The solution to shame is vulnerability.
- Vulnerability contains a high level of risk to those who already feel like outcasts in society, but it is essential for healing.
- Vulnerability requires courage and strength.
- People must expose themselves to others in a safe way for healing to occur.
- Shame is used in education and business as a way to “motivate” change.
- Publicly ridiculing students and workers for their failures cause people to disengage.
- Encouraging vulnerability is the key to motivating change.
- Leaders who allow for vulnerability create an atmosphere of trust which fosters growth and expansion at school, work, and home.