Ready to learn the most important takeaways from What Color is Your Parachute? in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
What Color is Your Parachute? lets readers know the steps they must take to find a job that is right for them, including upping their online presence, nailing their interview, and determining the value they bring to the table.
The Big Takeaways:
- Finding a steady job has become harder and harder.
- If Employers have become more attracted to the idea of short-term positions to lower costs in our unsteady economy.
- Resumes are becoming outdated as technology rises.
- People once had authority over how possible employers viewed them, but with the power of Google, anyone can find out anything they want to know about you in just a few clicks.
- Finding a job has the same process as it always has.
- At its core, finding a job is about finding a relationship that works.
- After you’ve found your match, you need a good interview.
- Make a good impression on the company by knowing what it values before you even have your first interview.
- When you land the job, you must be ready to negotiate your salary.
- Have a good idea in mind of what people in your position would normally get paid, and know the value you bring to the table given your knowledge and experience.