Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Verbal Judo in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Verbal Judo helps readers learn how to communicate better through the eyes of a law enforcement official.
The Big Takeaways:
- Anyone can learn the art of communication.
- If Police officers often find themselves in positions where communication is the key to deescalating a dangerous situation, making their interactions the perfect place to learn just how to communicate.
- Don’t put yourself in a position of power, making commands for someone.
- Never patronize or speak down to anyone when communicating.
- Try to empathize with the other person.
- Put yourself in the other person’s shoes to better understand their side of the argument.
- Knowing your faults allows you to better communicate with others.
- To become a master at communication, you must know where your own communication skills lack and work on building them up.
- Your tone says just as much as your words.
- How you say something determines how the other party will receive your message.