Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Think Like a Freak in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Think Like a Freak urges readers to think behind the curtain in an effort to see why people act the way they do.
The Big Takeaways:
- To think like a freak, you have to throw away the practicality of your actions.
- If When trying to win, sometimes you have to make the sacrifice of your own likability.
- Be honest about how little you know.
- Having too much confidence in something you don’t know about will make you fall. Admitting that you don’t know something presents your most authentic self to people.
- You must look at the entire problem without the influence of outside speculation.
- If you can’t find the solution, rephrase the question. You must give yourself the ability to rethink.
- Explore the world with the mind of a child.
- Children know as little as their age allows, meaning they’re still asking questions and avoiding deceit by figuring things out beyond “that’s just the way things are.”
- Knowing what fuels a person’s actions can be used in your favor.
- Offering people their fuel as incentives can reveal what they’re willing to do.