Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Intelligent Investor in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Intelligent Investor explains how to become a reliable investor of the stock market, including methods for making the best investments for you.
The Big Takeaways:
- An intelligent investor doesn’t just invest; they think their investments through to the end.
- If It isn’t about being the first to invest; it’s about making investments that will have long-term payouts.
- There are three critical factors to an intelligent investment.
- Look at the company’s financial structure, how well of a job their management does, and how often it pays dividends.
- Intelligent investors look at the past, not just the present and the future.
- Knowing the history of a stock is one of the best ways to make an intelligent investment.
- The stock market is not predictable.
- Look at the stock market as a complex person who has many moods, thoughts, and feelings.
- Have diverse investments that balance one another out.
- Think of who you are and what you value, and make your portfolio reflect that person.