Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Book of Joy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Book of Joy explains how we can achieve true happiness by opening ourselves up and taking control of what we can.
The Big Takeaways:
- Pain is the root of joy.
- If One cannot separate life from suffering.
- Some struggles must be endured, but you have the choice to respond however you please.
- You control how you react to your situation in life, even if you cannot control the situation itself.
- When we make presumptions about how things should be, we often feel disappointed.
- Disappointment can easily turn into frustration or anger, but leading with empathy and understanding can help bring better understanding to situations.
- A lack of connection combined with a desire to have what others have will hurt you,
- If you open yourself up to others and try to remain content and grateful for what you have, you can live a healthier life.
- Understanding and modifying the way you look at things can help you find happiness.
- Your outlook on life is where happiness is born.