Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Book of Joy in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Book of Joy explains how we can achieve true happiness by opening ourselves up and taking control of what we can.
The Big Takeaways:
- Pain is the root of joy.
- If One cannot separate life from suffering.
- Some struggles must be endured, but you have the choice to respond however you please.
- You control how you react to your situation in life, even if you cannot control the situation itself.
- When we make presumptions about how things should be, we often feel disappointed.
- Disappointment can easily turn into frustration or anger, but leading with empathy and understanding can help bring better understanding to situations.
- A lack of connection combined with a desire to have what others have will hurt you,
- If you open yourself up to others and try to remain content and grateful for what you have, you can live a healthier life.
- Understanding and modifying the way you look at things can help you find happiness.
- Your outlook on life is where happiness is born.