Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Art Of Happiness in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Art of Happiness presents us with knowledge pulled from interviews with the Dalai Lama that can help guide us to happiness.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your environment cannot bring you true happiness.
- If The way we approach each day and our attitude toward life are the only things that allow us to achieve genuine happiness.
- Allowing yourself to understand and empathize with others can help you achieve a more fruitful life.
- Try to find what you have in common with others to understand better how the other may be feeling.
- Romance is not the only pathway to a fulfilling relationship.
- The emphasis put on intimate relationships is an issue. Romance is not the fuel behind every fire. Communication, respect, and understanding are all parts of a deeper connection.
- You do not need religion to be spiritual.
- At the base of spirituality are control and respect. You don’t need to pray daily to achieve these things in your everyday life.
- You will suffer sometimes, but that is natural.
- Everyone struggles; frequently, people exaggerate their suffering to themselves. The sooner you accept that pain is a part of life, the sooner you can begin to assess why you are suffering, address your suffering, and bring more happiness to your life.