Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from TED Talks in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
TED Talks helps readers understand how to use their own strengths to become a great public speaker.
The Big Takeaways:
- Anyone can learn to speak to an audience.
- If Being fearful of speaking to a crowd is common because you’re risking your reputation, but anyone can overcome that fear and become a good speaker.
- Look your audience in the eyes.
- Looking your audience in the eyes creates a personal connection.
- Use pictures and videos that have an impact.
- The use of media can either create a connection or drive a wedge between the audience and yourself, so you must use it responsibly.
- Stick to a script…or don’t.
- Some benefit from being precise while others thrive on speaking from the heart. Know what’s comfortable for you, and use it to your advantage.
- Your anxiety can be turned into a useful tool.
- Adrenaline can be focused during your speech to help you convey a stronger message.