Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Switch in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Switch helps us make changes with more ease by getting to know the mind, and its shortcuts, that will help us switch our behavior.
The Big Takeaways:
- Making changes is like riding an elephant.
- If The elephant is a large, hard-headed animal. Leading an elephant down a particular path while trying to prevent it from taking shortcuts or trying to make things go by quicker, is a difficult feat.
- Focus on where you have already found success.
- You likely had to make changes to succeed in the past. Implement the things that worked for you then.
- You overanalyze.
- It isn’t uncommon for people to think about every possible way they could change while failing to do the central part: change.
- Appeal to the rational and stubborn parts of yourself.
- When everyone has a clear direction, there is less to question and more to act on.
- Accomplish small things first to show your stubborn side that you are, in fact, capable.
- Before you can climb a mountain, you must first know how to climb the hill. Small changes will encourage significant changes to come.