Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Steve Jobs in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Steve Jobs paints the ups and downs of Apple’s founder, Steve Jobs, life.
The Big Takeaways:
- Steve was exposed to his father’s love for mechanics and craftsmanship, as well as the simple, elegant design of his childhood home.
- If Jobs and his friend, Steve Wozniack, combined their interests to create a product for making long-distance phone calls shortly after high school.
- Psychedelic drugs are what Jobs would say refined his aesthetic.
- Jobs thought his experiences with drugs helped him focus on what was essential.
- Jobs realized that technology was a form of self-expression.
- Wozniak had the idea of making a self-contained computer. Jobs urged him to sell the products. This was the moment Apple was made.
- Jobs was a perfectionist, and that showed through his attitude.
- Jobs expected perfection and would not settle for anything less.
- A connected home is something Jobs envisioned, leading to the inventions of the iPod, iPhone, and iPad.
- Jobs created an extension of the home computer with the iMac as its center, serving as a digital home base.