Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Mastery in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Mastery tells us how we can take on new challenges and succeed by simply changing our mindset.
The Big Takeaways:
- Mastery is the ride, not the destination.
- If Quitting when challenges arise is natural, which is why we must acknowledge that mastering something is much more than being perfect.
- The long-way to success is often interrupted by the temptation of shortcuts.
- Mastery takes time and will not happen overnight. We must stay vigilant in our attempts at genuinely mastering a skill.
- You must look at practice as something beneficial, not just something to do.
- The way you view practicing your skill will determine whether you stick with or abandon the path to mastery.
- Trust in your instructor.
- Handing over your trust and pride to your instructor gives you the relationship you need to achieve your goals.
- Understand the importance of repetitive actions to keep you from falling.
- Knowing what actions keep you centered will prevent you from just giving up when things get rough.