Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Loving What Is in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Loving What Is helps readers overcome depression by working through their problems using a method known as “The Work.”
The Big Takeaways:
- Knowing why you think the way you do can help you understand where your stress originates.
- If The physical world does not cause you to stress; the way you think does.
- You must reconsider your thoughts and what they truly mean.
- In The Work, the step known as The Turnaround, encourages you to view your thoughts from a different perspective.
- If a situation is out of your control, try not to worry about it.
- Not everything is in your control. Accepting that fact can help you focus on the things that are in your control, leading you to better outcomes.
- The Work isn’t just made to help with assessing your thoughts but can be applied to every aspect of your life.
- There is rarely a wrong time to reassess a situation like shown in The Work.
- The difficulties of life shouldn’t possess the power to hurt you.
- Though you can’t control what life throws your way, you can control the way you think about and approach life.