Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Lincoln on Leadership in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Lincoln on Leadership examines how Abraham Lincoln was able to lead successfully during the Civil War era.
The Big Takeaways:
- Leaders today should study Lincoln’s efforts to see how they can be an effective leader.
- If A good place to start is by conversating with employees from every department of the company.
- Leaders such as Lincoln never coerced anyone. Instead, he was kind and persuasive.
- Try to make commands sound more like propositions.
- Lincoln became great at communication by learning when to speak up and when to stay quiet.
- Remaining quiet can be beneficial for the speaker because it can prevent the speaker from being misunderstood by others.
- Lincoln inspired scientific advances by encouraging innovators to continue.
- He accomplished this by allowing for proposals and research to take place.
- Lincoln demonstrated forgiveness and used it as a tactic to build up trust with both his friends and foes.
- Doing this built trust and encouragement within his administration.