Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Insight in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Insight helps readers become self-aware by finding a balance between what you think and what others think about you.
The Big Takeaways:
- Seven insights that can aid us in better understanding ourselves.
- If We must become self-aware, internally and externally.
- Between our inner voice and our outside influences, there are several things that prevent us from fully realizing ourselves.
- Three of the major personal roadblocks consist of blindness to knowledge, emotion, and behavior.
- Being self-aware isn’t as easy as just “looking within.”
- Too much introspection can be a bad thing; it is a tool that we must learn to use correctly.
- You must learn how to listen and process what people are telling you.
- Assess the comments others give you and learn how to use those comments to understand yourself and your actions better.
- There are three types of “unaware” people.
- Theses people are either lost causes, aware of their actions but refuse to change, or are potentially open to change if they just knew how.