Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Getting Things Done in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Getting Things Done explains how distractions and disorganization lead to more stress in an already stressful world, leaving the modern-day worker feeling unable to concentrate, much less finish anything.
The Big Takeaways:
- Stress often results in overreaction or underreaction in one’s daily life.
- If Learn the Getting Things Done method (GTD) to organize and have enhanced productivity.
- Follow the GTD simple workflow method to regain control.
- Organize your tasks, but view them as more than a “to-do” list.
- Chaos makes everyone’s life difficult.
- Set up your workspace with a filing system, allowing you to control your chaos.
- Capture your information and place it in a trusted single location.
- Write things down in a way that is easy to understand.
- Each week, perform a comprehensive review of your tasks.
- This allows you to complete anything left from the previous week and pinpoint priorities for next week.