Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Black Swan in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Black Swan explains to readers the possibilities of the impossible happening and how to keep themselves from self-induced devastation.
The Big Takeaways:
- “Black Swans” are the happenings that never seemed possible.
- If People once believed all swans were white until a black swan one day appeared.
- For those who don’t see Black Swan happenings, life can change quickly.
- The people who cannot see that “impossible” things are possible of happening can quickly have their life turned upside down.
- The realm of reality puts our thinking in a box.
- Humans are prone to predict the future based on the past, leaving much room for a shock.
- Our brain is partially to blame for our poor predictions.
- The way the brain sorts the things we learn makes it hard to guess what will happen next since the modern-day is so complex.
- We are too grounded in our beliefs.
- Many people hold unshakeable truths that can quickly put them at risk.