Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Black Swan in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Black Swan explains to readers the possibilities of the impossible happening and how to keep themselves from self-induced devastation.
The Big Takeaways:
- “Black Swans” are the happenings that never seemed possible.
- If People once believed all swans were white until a black swan one day appeared.
- For those who don’t see Black Swan happenings, life can change quickly.
- The people who cannot see that “impossible” things are possible of happening can quickly have their life turned upside down.
- The realm of reality puts our thinking in a box.
- Humans are prone to predict the future based on the past, leaving much room for a shock.
- Our brain is partially to blame for our poor predictions.
- The way the brain sorts the things we learn makes it hard to guess what will happen next since the modern-day is so complex.
- We are too grounded in our beliefs.
- Many people hold unshakeable truths that can quickly put them at risk.