Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Gang Leader For A Day in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Gang Leader For A Day explains how gangs hold power in the projects, good and bad, and how it is a gang leader’s responsibility to always keep the operation running as smoothly as possible.
The Big Takeaways:
- 96% of the people in a Southside Chicago housing project have no job.
- If Odd jobs are an essential function to making things work in the projects.
- The projects are often ignored by law enforcement.
- Police are often fearful of what awaits them at the other end of an emergency call when it’s from the projects.
- Not all gangs are focused on just their own well-being.
- Many gang members attempt to keep the neighborhood safe by protecting the most vulnerable.
- The negative effects of gangs are existent, even if people don’t want to talk about them.
- Gangs are often the ones who profit off the addiction of their neighbors.
- Being a gang leader is not much different from being a CEO.
- Gangs hold power within their community and do so with responsibility.