Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Catch Me If You Can in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Catch Me If You Can tells the story of Frank Abagnale, a conman who started early, scheming his way around the world.
The Big Takeaways:
- Frank Abagnale’s lust for women turned his life from pure to delinquency.
- If Frank started scheming young, running an elaborate scam using his father’s credit card.
- At 16, Frank ran away from home.
- Frank always found a way to acquire anything he wanted, some of his first scams involving hot checks and pretending to be people he was not.
- Frank was a fabulous observer, a technique he used to become a great conman.
- Frank paid attention to details, using the small things to convince others to give in to his game.
- Frank often pretended to be a pilot to get from place to place, but it didn’t stop there.
- Frank also pretended to be several elite members of society, such as doctors and lawyers.
- It was after years of pretending and scheming that Frank was caught.
- Frank was caught in France before serving time in a number of countries. That was not the end for Frank, however, as now he is part of the FBI, teaching agents what to look for in a conman.