Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Catch Me If You Can in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Catch Me If You Can tells the story of Frank Abagnale, a conman who started early, scheming his way around the world.
The Big Takeaways:
- Frank Abagnale’s lust for women turned his life from pure to delinquency.
- If Frank started scheming young, running an elaborate scam using his father’s credit card.
- At 16, Frank ran away from home.
- Frank always found a way to acquire anything he wanted, some of his first scams involving hot checks and pretending to be people he was not.
- Frank was a fabulous observer, a technique he used to become a great conman.
- Frank paid attention to details, using the small things to convince others to give in to his game.
- Frank often pretended to be a pilot to get from place to place, but it didn’t stop there.
- Frank also pretended to be several elite members of society, such as doctors and lawyers.
- It was after years of pretending and scheming that Frank was caught.
- Frank was caught in France before serving time in a number of countries. That was not the end for Frank, however, as now he is part of the FBI, teaching agents what to look for in a conman.