Ready to learn the most important takeaways from 21 Lessons For The 21St Century in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
21 Lessons for the 21st Century explains the rapid change following the growth of technology and how we can prepare ourselves and others for the future.
The Big Takeaways:
- The widespread use of technology throws a wrench in our finances, economy, and politics.
- If Though people use computer technology regularly, politicians refuse to acknowledge the power of such a source.
- Computers are steadily replacing the jobs of humans.
- Despite the acknowledgment of these changes, no one can predict just how these technological advances will change the workforce.
- Terrorism in the 21st century has become less physical.
- The intent of terrorists is still the same, but many terrorists have discovered more sophisticated ways to influence and gain power over their enemies.
- Individuals have less knowledge than we think.
- A liberal society is rooted in the individuals’ ability to think critically; however, this is a huge mistake, for the majority of people today don’t have a genuine understanding of how things work.
- Today’s schools need to focus less on providing students with information and teach students to think and find solutions for themselves.
- Schools must realize that what they teach and the way they teach has to change to prepare for a rapidly changing future.
Want To Keep Reading?
Watch A Video Summary: