Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from 21 Lessons For The 21St Century in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
21 Lessons for the 21st Century explains the rapid change following the growth of technology and how we can prepare ourselves and others for the future.
The Big Takeaways:
- The widespread use of technology throws a wrench in our finances, economy, and politics.
- If Though people use computer technology regularly, politicians refuse to acknowledge the power of such a source.
- Computers are steadily replacing the jobs of humans.
- Despite the acknowledgment of these changes, no one can predict just how these technological advances will change the workforce.
- Terrorism in the 21st century has become less physical.
- The intent of terrorists is still the same, but many terrorists have discovered more sophisticated ways to influence and gain power over their enemies.
- Individuals have less knowledge than we think.
- A liberal society is rooted in the individuals’ ability to think critically; however, this is a huge mistake, for the majority of people today don’t have a genuine understanding of how things work.
- Today’s schools need to focus less on providing students with information and teach students to think and find solutions for themselves.
- Schools must realize that what they teach and the way they teach has to change to prepare for a rapidly changing future.
Want To Keep Reading?
Watch A Video Summary: