Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Think and Grow Rich in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Considered a bible of successful entrepreneurs, Napoleon Hill’s insights into common habits of successful people are as relevant today as they were in 1937.
Hill believed that what separates the rich is psychological, which means the only thing standing between you and untold wealth is picking up this book.
- A burning desire to win is essential to success
- You must possess a burning desire that will carry you past setbacks on the path to achieving your dream.
- Example: With no money, education, or connections, Edwin Barnes achieved his goal of working with Thomas Edison through a willingness to sacrifice everything in order to succeed.
- Outline a plan to turn your desire into action
- You must precisely define your goal, outline the steps to make it happen, and immediately put your plan in action.
- Example: Henry Ford encountered setbacks at many stages in his career, and each time he devised a plan to overcome them.
- Convince your subconscious that success is inevitable
- Use auto-suggestion to develop unwavering self-confidence that will influence your behavior and create a self-fulfilling prophecy.
- Example: By feeding positive thoughts to your subconscious, successful people build the belief that they will succeed and do whatever it takes to make that happen.
- Knowledge is power only when organized into a plan towards a specific goal
- Accumulating general knowledge does not contribute to your ability to create wealth.
- Example: Henry Ford achieved success without a high school education.
- Creative and Synthetic Imagination will help you turn ideas into reality
- Use Creative Imagination to come up with new ideas, and Synthetic Imagination to transform old ideas into new interpretations.
- Example: Creative thinkers at Sony repackaged the dictaphone into the hugely successful portable music player, the “Walkman.”
- Self-awareness will increase your probability of success
- Audit your behavior and attitudes to identify weaknesses that you can improve.
- Example: Ask yourself revealing questions about your progress, have a trusted person answer the same questions about you, and then compare the answers.
- Make decisions quickly and change them slowly
- People who make decisions slowly are easily influenced by the opinions of others and cannot think for themselves.
- Example: Henry Ford ignored pressure from other people to stop producing the Model-T, which would become one of the most successful car models of all time.
- Create a Mastermind group to help achieve your dreams
- There is a synergy when people come together to form a “cooperative alliance.”
- Example: The ideas that two or more creative minds can produce is greater than what can be achieved individually.