Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Hard Thing About Hard Things in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Hard Thing About Hard Things explains the struggles a CEO will inevitably face when running a company.
The Big Takeaways:
- Being a CEO is not easy, and the difficulties are not something you can escape.
- If The Struggle is a natural part of being a CEO. It is comprised of hard decisions, hard choices between work and home, and the stress that comes with being the one who is supposed to have all of the answers.
- The Struggle does not have to be endured alone.
- Allow others to help you through the Struggle.
- Keep reality out in the open.
- As the CEO, you can’t hide the difficulties your company is facing from your employees. The sooner you present them with the truth, the sooner you can find a solution to your issues.
- Letting people go is not a simple solution, but sometimes it has to be done.
- Laying people off is a hard job, but it must be done. Therefore, it is the CEO’s responsibility to let people go with dignity and without prolongation.
- Ensure your team is built of only the best.
- Hire the right people for your team and make sure they feel respected and represented at every level of your company.