Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Dare to Lead in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Dare to Lead explains the faults in the societal idea that to lead others, one must never appear weak.
The Big Takeaways:
- The idea of vulnerability in leadership is often depicted as a weakness when it is actually one of the keys to being a good leader.
- If Military forces must put themselves in vulnerable positions where they could be killed to rescue others.
- The first step in the vulnerability process is to listen to criticism.
- It hurts to hear the truth from employees, and many leaders can’t take it; however, the productive change will not occur without hearing about mistakes and bad decisions.
- Values and trustworthiness keep good leaders on track.
- Leading gets messy, and it’s easy to get lost. Leaders who maintain solid values can be trusted by those under them.
- Good leaders learn how to fail.
- Failure is necessary to learn to succeed.
- Striving for perfection is the enemy.
- Attempting to paint a perfect picture often leads teams down the wrong path.