Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Dare to Lead in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Dare to Lead explains the faults in the societal idea that to lead others, one must never appear weak.
The Big Takeaways:
- The idea of vulnerability in leadership is often depicted as a weakness when it is actually one of the keys to being a good leader.
- If Military forces must put themselves in vulnerable positions where they could be killed to rescue others.
- The first step in the vulnerability process is to listen to criticism.
- It hurts to hear the truth from employees, and many leaders can’t take it; however, the productive change will not occur without hearing about mistakes and bad decisions.
- Values and trustworthiness keep good leaders on track.
- Leading gets messy, and it’s easy to get lost. Leaders who maintain solid values can be trusted by those under them.
- Good leaders learn how to fail.
- Failure is necessary to learn to succeed.
- Striving for perfection is the enemy.
- Attempting to paint a perfect picture often leads teams down the wrong path.