Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from Blink in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
Blink explains how humans can decide within a split-second thanks to their unconscious. Though this is a powerful tool, several factors can make it unreliable, including stress and bias.
The Big Takeaways:
- Your first impressions of a situation are often your best indicator of truth.
- If Your unconscious judgment is often more reliable than your conscious judgment when it comes to making decisions.
- Your unconscious judgment can decide what is important almost immediately.
- Our unconscious knows what is important and what is not.
- We often act now and think later.
- We listen to what our unconscious has to say more than we think, especially when it comes to our emotions.
- Stress can hinder our judgment.
- The more stress a person is under, the less in-tune they are with their unconscious.
- People hold internal biases that influence their judgment.
- The only way to change these biases is to experience.