Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Omnivore’s Dilemma in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Omnivore’s Dilemma takes a look at food production in America, helping readers make better-informed decisions on what they consume.
The Big Takeaways:
- There are almost too many options when it comes to food in America.
- If As omnivores, our food choices are almost limitless.
- Cheap food comes with other costs.
- Though some foods seem more reasonable budget-wise, it is often linked to pollution, mistreatment of animals, and unnecessary chemicals.
- Corn is in a lot of your food.
- Due to corn being subsidized by the US government, corn products are added to foods where it isn’t necessary.
- Mistreated animals are often behind the low prices of meat.
- In an attempt to make more money, concentrated animal farms have risen in popularity, putting animals and public health at risk.
- Even the organic movement isn’t as perfect as it seems.
- The great demand for food, including organic products, forces companies to sacrifice some of their original ideas, including those rooted in safety.