Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Geography of Bliss in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Geography of Bliss discusses the factors that make a country “happy” or “unhappy.”
The Big Takeaways:
- The Netherlands is the capital of happiness.
- If The database for happiness is kept in the Netherlands, where scientists discuss their measurements for happiness.
- Switzerland is a country full of joy.
- The Swiss tend to be very precise and keep things clean, removing the natural reasons for dissatisfaction.
- Religion contributes to happiness in Bhutan.
- Buddhism is commonly practiced in Bhutan, making it one of the most peaceful countries in the world.
- Money-focused Qatar has an abundance of money but is lacking happiness.
- Many people in Qatar put the fate of their happiness in the hands of God and do very little to stimulate pleasure in their own lives.
- Moldova lacks almost all ties to happiness.
- Contrasting Qatar, Moldova is noted as the most unhappy place in the world due to its lack of money.