Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The Art of Gathering in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The Art of Gathering explains how people have gathered forever and that rewriting the rules for how we come together can create experiences worth remembering.
The Big Takeaways:
- People are meant to come together.
- If Even though we often overlook its importance, people always gather, whether it be church, school, work, parties, etc.
- When planning an event, know why you’re having it in the first place.
- Purpose is what creates an expectation for a gathering.
- A good gathering isn’t afraid to leave people out.
- It isn’t always the best idea to have everyone in one place. Even if it feels wrong at first, some gatherings just aren’t meant for everyone.
- A good host will have a plan.
- Though a chill environment can be nice, a well-planned event has a higher success rate than one that is overly nonchalant.
- Don’t be afraid of setting some rules.
- Sometimes allowing people to think inside the box yields creative results and an interesting event.