Note: This post contains affiliate links which means if you click on a link and purchase an item, we will receive an affiliate commission at no extra cost to you.
Ready to learn the most important takeaways from The 4 Disciplines of Execution in less than two minutes? Keep reading!
Why This Book Matters:
The 4 Disciplines of Execution helps leaders understand how they can better achieve their goals by influencing changed behavior throughout their team.
The Big Takeaways:
- Convincing others to change is a difficult task.
- If Successful businesses love change. However, people do not.
- The first discipline of execution is to pinpoint the important things.
- Don’t waste your energy trying to change things that won’t have a big impact on your success.
- The second discipline of execution is setting achievable goals.
- Don’t keep setting goals that aren’t attainable. When your team doesn’t reach those goals, it can cause major frustrations, disappointment, and poor performance in the future. Set goals that make sense and show your team their progress regularly.
- The third discipline of execution is to get your team on board.
- Your team needs to resonate personally with the goals you set. The more they understand why they should care, the better they will perform.
- The fourth discipline of execution is creating responsibility.
- Your team members need to feel personally responsible for the end-product; this will help them realize that their place on the team is necessary and meaningful.